Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Start














The tree was sliced with a 20" chain saw. The boards were flat and true enough and took 5 runs through the planer per side. The White Cedar looked straight before I cut it down but definitely had a curve to it. To get the most out of the wood I cut the strips following the outside curve of the board to get the 1/4" strips. The whole tree in 1/4" strip form is shown laid out together. The pictures of the forms show the full boat in a squashed form. The last picture shows the waterline of the forms all lined up together.
The Happiest is the person who suffers the least pain; the most miserable who enjoys the least pleasure. Jean Jacques Rousseau

1 comment:

jimbo said...

Looking good, Mr. Lloyd! This blog will give me extra motivation to finish my boat before you lap me!!