Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Hull of a Boat




Status report: the hull is fully stripped. The stem pieces are glued on but need to be shaped.


First picture is showing the strips in line with the keel. I didn't build the other kayak this way but Guillemot suggested it to keep a crisp keel line.


Second picture is of all of the strips in place.


Third picture is of the Bow Stem piece before shaping. Tip, note the shrink wrap that I got from Home Depot. This is handy stuff to help manage the strips and not damage a group of strips with delicate edges. The shrink wrap was also effectively used as a clamp on the bow stem.
QOD: In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite. Paul Dirac (1902-1984).

1 comment:

mnguy said...

Lloyd, I don't think I've ever seen your workshop look so clean and organized. Nice work. Now get'r done so I can borrow it.

D. Sanchez