Monday, June 1, 2009

Wired




The detail work continues. I've had to work out all of the details of the rudder lift. As mentioned the rudder will be spring loaded in the down positon. The tube with elastic cord can be seen on the left side of that fuzzy picture. The tube is actually an old aluminum arrow. Also somewhat shown are the 3 cable casings that I routed and secured inside the boat. I needed this all done before I could varnish the inside. I put 2 coats everywhere I could reach inside the boat and 1 extra one in the main hatch and cockpit area to handle the exta wear. I also had to put in 5 other little details like the hatch loops as shown (unfinished).




QOD: It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. Anges Repplier (1855-1950)

1 comment:

Casey said...

You are the best inventor, artisan and craftsman I have known and I have known some good ones. Keep up the great work, sure do miss you and the memorable times we have had (good and bad). You friend always (zeit 1960) Casey