Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back-Up Now.







. I did make a plug for a mold and I intended on making a mold and molding a carbon fiber back rest but I figured that shaping a wood form would be faster. The mold would have been an investment for the next kayak that I will be building but, oh well, Tempus Fugit!



. The before and after pictures of the back rest looks like I'm wasting a lot of wood but it really wasn't that much wood and it was left over wood from the six-quarter rough sawn cedar trim boards that I used as decoration in the stucco on the house. The last picture is of the back rest and the seat form. I will reinforce with fiberglass and cover with ballistic nylon (left over hockey boot fabric).


QOD: After all, it is those who have a deep and real inner life who are best able to deal with the irritating details of outer life. Evelyn Underhill.

No comments: